Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homeschooling R.O.C.K.S Series

Coming Soon!

Summer Blog Series...Homeschooling R.O.C.K.S

On a recent visit to the beach I got to view this amazing and ginormous rock, known as Haystack Rock, off the Pacific City coastline.  What a breathtaking sight!!   This rock stands 327 feet tall and is the fourth largest sea stack or off-shore monolith in the world. 

 This rock has stood firm & immovable in the midst of countless storms and the never ceasing waves that crash against it.  It is a strong, solid, and awe-inspiring mass to gaze upon!  

I am inspired by so many moms who, like this rock, are immovable, unwavering, and uncompromising in their commitment to homeschool.   Despite storms that come their way they do not budge.  

 
Homeschooling R.O.C.K.S!

Real Moms, who face different Obstacles and Challenges as they homeschool their kids, yet put their trust in their King, Jesus Christ, and Stand firm in what the Lord has called them too!

 
Over the summer I am interviewing ladies from around the country, some are brand new to homeschooling while others are seasoned homeschoolers.  They will be answering questions such as: How did they come to the decision to homeschool?  Have they always known they would homeschool?  Were their kids in public school at one point?  What is day to day life like for them?  What have been the hardest adjustments?  The most rewarding aspects?  The biggest challenges & obstacles?  How do they balance everything?  Do they ever feel like throwing in the towel with homeschooling?  What are their goals and purposes in home education? 

You don't want to miss what these ladies have to say!  They will make you laugh, cry, and confirm you are not alone on this journey or in your day to day struggles!

Ultimately I am able to stand strong in life and in my decision to homeschool because God is my Rock.  We have chosen to build our lives and our family on a solid foundation.  He gives me the strength, courage, and determination each new day!  The longer I homeschool, the more solid I stand and the more concrete I am in my decision!  Nothing and no one could convince me otherwise!   


"I love you, Lord; you are my strength.
 The Lord is my ROCK, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my ROCK, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety" - Psalm 18:1-2


 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into
practice is like a wise man who built his house on the ROCK" - Matthew 7:24



Please Subscribe here if you don't want to miss upcoming posts or find me on Facebook!




No comments:

Post a Comment